WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2016 by Grammy award-winning songwriter, Carla Marie Williams, Girls I Rate are a non-profit organisation striving to celebrate, empower and advocate for girls and young women in the music and other creative industries. We push for gender equality and opportunities for women in the music & creative industries.
We’re looking for a Radio Producer who can help further our mission and help produce our show!
Please only apply if you have a strong background/experience in radio production, tech operative experience, creating audio content, knowledge of black-dominated genres such as hip hop, drill, afro beats, r&b, dancehall etc and Premier Pro.
The individual must have two years minimum experience and must be available for at least a six month period.
Main tasks include but are not limited to:
- Produce and attend the live radio show every second Monday
- Edit show and submit to radio station
- Putting shows together
- Booking guests
- Liaise with Radio Team
- Generate ideas
- Create content (links)
- Create questions for interviews
- Research relevant news/gossip for shows
- Book artists for interviews
- Organise/book guest mixes
- Provide strategic overview to promote of DJs and Radio show across social media platforms
THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are highly organised and able to meet deadlines
- You are aware of the GIR brand
- You are able to deliver one show a month – recorded live at the beat London Harlesden
- You have a young, vibrant energy
- You have experience and relationships booking high profile artists
- You have knowledge of myriad
- You have producer experience
- You have editing experience
- You are aware of black music genres (RnB hip hop Amapiano Dancehall, reggae, Drill, etc) and the latest influencers trends news & updates.
- You know how to promote across all social media platforms
- You know how to produce visual content, as well as audio content
- You are able to source creatives to deliver content
- You are creative with an eye for content creation
- You know how to use and promote across Soundcloud, Mixcloud, YouTube, TikTok & IG.
To apply, please follow the below steps:
- Please email your CV to email@example.com
- In the body of your email, please answer the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Are you able to start immediately?