GIRLS I RATE Limited is a controller of your personal data. We respect your data and your privacy is important to us.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we collect and how it is used. This notice also explains what rights you have over your personal data and how you can use those rights.
You have the right to object to some of the processing which GIRLS I RATE Limited carries out. More information about your rights and how to exercise these is set out in the “Your rights” section of this notice.
Our registered office is:
Suite 2, Block Z Ground Floor
Island Business Centre
17-36 Wellington Street
United Kingdom SE18 6PF
1. Summary of how we use your data and your rights
– We use your data to provide and improve our products and services, including for marketing, research, feedback and enquiries, and for safety and security purposes.
– We will use your data to comply with laws and regulations. We may use your data to prevent and detect crime, such as fraud.
– You have the right to object to some of the processing GIRLS I RATE carries out. More information about your rights and how to exercise these is set out in the “Your rights” section of this notice.
– When you give consent, you are able to withdraw that consent at any time, for instance by emailing email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any other data rights, such as obtaining a copy of your data, correcting, deleting or restricting how we use your data. Please see “Your rights” for more information.
– You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time. To opt out of marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes, you can select “unsubscribe” in emails, or email email@example.com.
2. What information do we collect?
We ask for your name, telephone number, home address, email address and age for competitions, sweepstakes, or newsletter sign ups. When a purchase is made on our site, in addition to the above, we also ask for delivery address, and payment method details. We may obtain information about your usage of our Website to help us develop and improve it further through online surveys and other requests.
For particular events & competitions, we also collect data regarding your skills necessary for the event, such as what genre of music you create, and links to your SoundCloud profile.
Our website may also use a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. We will not use the tool to collect any personally identifiable information or credit card numbers. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability.
3. What will the data be used for?
Your data will enable us to communicate with you regarding events & competitions that you have signed up to via our website. We may also send you from time to time (by email) information about products and services and details of promotions and special offers from Girls I Rate. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, we offer a range of ways in which you can inform us about your marketing preferences:
• All email messages and email newsletters will contain information on how you can unsubscribe; or
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org writing “unsubscribe” in the subject heading; or
4. How we use information and the legal basis:
We are allowed to use your data only if we have a proper reason to do so such as:
– To fulfil a contract we have with you;
– When it is in our legitimate interest;
– When you consent to it; or
– To comply with the law.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your data. This involves us making an assessment of when we can rely on our legitimate interests.
We have set out below how and why we may use your personal information and the legal basis we rely on. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are.
– When you enter an event or competition we run, we use your information to fulfil our contract with you.
– We take information to communicate with you, check your identity, take payment, and provide products and services.
– To run our business and pursue our legitimate interests, we use your information.
– Our legitimate interests include keeping our records up to date, fulfilling our legal, compliance and contractual duties, working out which of our products and services may interest you, improving our site and apps, and services, developing new products and services, and telling you about them and conducting market research.
– To comply with law, assess and uphold legal or contractual rights and claims, and for monitoring, auditing and training on compliance matters:
– We keep records of your data.
– We monitor, and record call communications, including incoming and outgoing calls and emails.
– We may verify your identity.
We may, if you give us consent
– Send you electronic marketing, including promotions and offers, in relation to our products and services
– Use data for other purposes where we explain that purpose when we ask for your consent.
– When you give consent, you are able to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us, for instance by emailing email@example.com If you do so we can only continue to use your data if another legal basis applies, such as when we’re required to do something by law.
– Nevertheless, you have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes, at any time. You can opt out of marketing by selecting “unsubscribe” in emails.
When the law requires us to process your data we will do so. This can include legal, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes, including for government agencies and law enforcement. When you exercise your rights under data protection legislation, including when you ask to subscribe or unsubscribe from our marketing communications.
5. What information do we share with others?
We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research, marketing and advertising services (including advertising on third party websites, social media networks and profiling) and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Girls I Rate.
6. Data Retention
We keep your data to enable us to fulfil our contract with you or to provide services, whilst you are an active user of our site, where required by law or to protect legal rights.
We always look to keep your data for the minimum time in line with data protection principles and our processes. For example, we keep:
– Information on GIRLS I RATE members.
– Records of payment information in line with tax law and audit requirements.
– Customer feedback and correspondence with our customer services teams for up to 4 years afterwards, depending on the nature of the interaction and any applicable law, such as health and safety. This enables us to respond to any questions or complaints.
– Information to maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
– If you unsubscribe from marketing communications we keep a record of this request indefinitely to ensure we do not send you direct marketing again.
– We may keep your data for longer if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
7. Your Rights
You have rights over your personal data.
– ask for a copy of your information;
– ask for information to be corrected;
– ask for information to be erased or deleted;
– ask for us to limit or restrict processing; object to us processing your data, in particular where we use the data for direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes. The right to object does not apply if we must process the data to meet a contractual or legal requirement;
– ask us to send you a copy in a structured digital format or ask for us to send it to another party.
Some rights, however, may be limited. We may be obliged by law or regulation to keep information. We must respect other people’s privacy as well, which means we may need to redact or remove information where it includes personal data about someone else, even if it is connected to your data. On occasion there may be a compelling legitimate interest to keep processing data.
If you want a copy of your data, to object to how we use your data, or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it or, please see ‘Contact details’ below. To process a request from you, we may need to confirm your identity to ensure we’re accessing the right data.
You have a right to complain to an EU data protection authority. This can be where you live, work or where the matter occurred. In the UK, the authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”).
8. Contact Details
To exercise any of your rights or to withdraw consent you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN ON OUR WEBSITE
Our Website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect any information from any person below the age of 13.