Who we are:
Founded in 2016 by Grammy award-winning songwriter, Carla Marie Williams, Girls I Rate are a non-profit organisation striving to celebrate, empower and advocate for girls and young women in the music and other creative industries. We push for female representation, recognition and gender equality.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a highly-skilled, freelance candidate with at least 2-3 years’ experience in writing successful funding applications. We need someone who is confident, can take the lead and is able to execute role with little to no supervision.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Researching, designing, writing and submitting detailed applications to relevant grant/ funding bodies to support GIR services
- Liasing with funding bodies
- Keeping a log of application progress (deadlines, amounts etc)
- Advising on how to tailor our projects to meet funding criteria
- Funding research (this isn’t compulsory but something we may ask you to help with)
- Highly reliable and dependable
- Highly organised
- Can work independently
- Must be able to adhere to deadlines
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience in writing applications specifically for music and creative based companies.
- This is a part-time, ad-hoc role, 8-10 hours a week.
To apply, please follow the below steps:
- Please email your CV to email@example.com
- In the body of your email, please answer the following questions:
● We must fill this position urgently. Can you start immediately?
● How many years experience do you have in funding?
● What bids have you previously done and how successful have they been?
● Are you available for 8 hours per week, at minimum?